Sunday, June 12, 2011

ICBC Claims and Storytelling

I read a book a number of years ago that crystalized to me what my role as a trial lawyer is when I present a case in court. The book:

Theatre Tips and Strategies for Jury Trials, by David Ball

Essentially, when presenting a case in court for an ICBC claim, I a storyteller. The story is how the personal injury impacted my client's life. The story is told through characters (witnesses).

It is such a simple concept, but so powerful. A good storyteller thinks about his/her audience and takes the audience to the conclusion and lets the audience draw the conclusion.

In a subsequent book David Ball writes that a trial is about whatever you spend the most time on....a pretty similar thread as to what Brian Tracy says about life in general (see an earlier post).

Hmm...all of the pieces seem to fit together like a puzzle!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home