Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Adjustable height desk

When I moved my practice to McComb Witten, I purchased an adjustable height desk.  Having used it now for a while, I can easily say it is one of the best purchases I've made in a long time!

I bought the frame only from Geekdesk.  It comes with an electric motor which raises the height of the desk to any convenient level.  I can go from sitting to standing in about 20 seconds. 

For the desk top, I purchased a Gallant table top from Ikea and mounted it with some screws.  To give me some extra desk space, I purchased an extender and a separate 3 foot table top with stationary legs (my phone, head set and other items remain on the non-adjustable part of the desk).  Total desk space is about 78in x 78in L-shaped desk.

The desk does, however, have some limitations.  A coworker came into my office and abruptly leaned heavily on the extender which is not supported.  The extender gave way pretty quick in a rather large crash.  I had to remount the extender, but I haven't had any problems since.

I'm into the desk for about $1250 Cdn.  There are other options for a three legged adjustable height desk at Ergodepot which look to cost about $3000.  Considering how much I like my adjustable height desk, either would be a good option.  The Ergodepot desk would be a little more stable if someone leaned on it!!!

Personally, I go from sitting to standing about 2 times a day, with some days all sitting - some days all standing.  I found my posture improve within a few weeks!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home